GALILEO to Launch Website Redesign July 21
On July 21, GALILEO will launch the first phase of a massive redesign project for its research portal.
This first phase will change the way the GALILEO Search homepage looks, as well as upgrade how users find resources and databases. Highlights include:
- New, animated main images for default, elementary and middle school views
- Introduction of key spotlight areas that can be tailored locally
- New “wayfinder” for logging in that helps patrons more easily find their institutions
- Streamlined database searching
- New support forms that give users the choice of contacting the support team or other staff
- New FAQs and informational pop-ups to help navigate the changes
A redesigned GALILEO department website will launch in two weeks, as well. You will see a new homepage highlighting GALILEO’s three programs, a staff page with photos, as well as a new community section for department news, helpful articles and user-generated content.
Once the websites relaunch, a short survey will be available to get feedback. The second phase will include additional refinements and new functionality and will roll out in 2021.
Read more from this month’s quarterly e-newsletter.