This webpage is intended to update the public (especially librarians and admin contacts) on important dates, webinars and guidelines associated with the GALILEO portal redesign project.
The first phase of the GALILEO Search redesign was completed in July 2020. It included changing the way the homepage looks, as well as upgrades to how users find resources and databases. The second phase will include additional refinements, including a bento box results display available to the public in July 2021.
The GALILEO development team consistently works to upgrade GALILEO Search, and ongoing improvements will also be publicized here.
Timeline and Important Dates:
- March 2021: Public library views
- April 2021: Prototype of bento box release
- May 2021: Internal and accessibility testing
- July 2021: Bento box results display available
Prior to the July 2021 release, GALILEO will announce virtual training on new features. Stay tuned.
- Reporting improvements in GALILEO Admin
- Updated Puma (Ruby on Rails web server)
- Bug fix: Remote logins for old sessions were not working
- Added PowerNotes FAQ link to tools area
- Fixed express link issue with spotlight section (added logic to identify and remove extra spaces after URLs)
- Minor update to Ruby on Rails
- Added ability for public libraries to chose between elementary, middle school, high school and full views
- Added ability to use keywords (such as “UGA”) when trying to find your institution in the wayfinder
- “Change View” button: make outline more visible
- Various fixes related to IP auth, proxy, etc.
- Design changes to embedded search box
- Fixed: Redirect URLs not IP authenticating
- Fixed various linking issues
- Fixed issues with “What’s New” and views
- GALILEO Admin: Added contact group for OpenAthens IdP contacts
- Upgrade to Ruby 2.7
- GALILEO Admin: Added ability for institutions to request a specific GALILEO password (GALILEO support team implements.)
- Added ability to press enter in wayfinder to autoselect institution
- Fixed: Inactive institutions still have instruction pages
- GALILEO Admin: Added ability to select multiple Institutions, vendors, resources for respective allocation reports
- New favicon
- GALILEO Admin: Created IP cache look-up tool
- GALILEO Admin: Add pines_codes to institution edit form
- We now validate institution and resource codes in paths (routes)
- We now suppress display of user-provided parameter value in error message
- Added path/route for database more info page
- Fixed: Search “Start Over” button does not retain the ‘view’ parameter
- Fixed: Database show page ‘Back to Search’ button not lined up
- Fixed: A-Z bar facets not retaining view parameter
- Added “sharable links” page with shortcut URLs in tools section of homepage
- Fixed: Can’t log out if institution does not have ezproxy defined, e.g., guest
- Added A-Z horizontal facet
- Updated Georgia Public Library Service password instructions to reflect PINES e-card
- Added “Database List” link on the tools section of homepage.
- Added “1000” option to “per page” pull-down on search displays
- Added support for “view” shortcut URLs
- Hero image (cover image) on wayfinder page now changes when a “view” shortcut URL is clicked
- Minor update addressing vulnerability