What I Discovered Today Contest
Tell Us What You Discovered Using the New Discover GALILEO Search Tool For a Chance to Win
To celebrate the launch of Discover GALILEO, the "What I Discovered Today" contest will last throughout October with both daily and weekly prizes awarded to GALILEO users just for sharing their search experiences. Discover GALILEO brings a new user experience enhanced by meaningful results and lots of tools to manage research, such as a personal folder and facets for drilling down to the most useful articles. Entries may include exciting articles or other content that really satisfies the search, fun facts or new knowledge, useful tools featured in Discover GALILEO, or other discoveries, large or small. Prizes are provided by EBSCO.
Enter the What I Discovered Today Contest
Search Term: alternative energy
Discovery: A possible energy source is the movement of trees themselves (McGarry, Scott, and Chris Knight. "The Potential For Harvesting Energy From The Movement Of Trees." Sensors.)
Search Term: teaching shakespeare
Discovery: I discovered new strategies to teach Shakespeare using literature circles (Ratz, Matthew. "Shakespeare In Circles: How A New Approach Enlivened My Classroom." Kappa Delta Pi Record.)
Search Term: camera and consumer reports (journal)
Discovery: Discover GALILEO helped me decide which camera to buy ("Cameras." Consumer Reports 77.8)
- Contestants will complete and submit a form describing what they found in or about Discover GALILEO.
- Daily prizes of $25 gift cards will be awarded to the submission randomly drawn from each day's entries. A weekly prize of an iPod Shuffle will be awarded to the name drawn from all entries submitted during the week.
- Contestants can submit an unlimited number of entries but can only win one gift card and one iPod Shuffle.
- By entering, contestants agree to the public distribution of their names, institutions, and submission text. GALILEO can post both winning and non-winning entries on the GALILEO website and in other promotional materials, websites, and communications.
- If no eligible submissions are received during a whole day, that day's gift card will not be awarded.
- Winning entries will be posted in the GALILEO news feed each day. Posts in the news feed can be viewed on the GALILEO home page or via your feed reader by subscribing at http://about.galileo.usg.edu/news/feed/
- Criteria for winning entry
- "Discovery" must result from a search in GALILEO Discover. It can be related to content, tools, or performance of the discovery tool.
- Entry must include submitter's name, e-mail address, institution, user type, and description of the discovery.
- Winners must be legitimate GALILEO users who qualify for log-in credentials.
- Winners will be notified via the e-mail address entered on the submission form.