Posted August 9, 2016
FY17 GALILEO Resource Changes
The following eBook collections have been added to your GALILEO Databases A-Z list:
(available to all GALILEO institutions)
- EBSCO eBook Collections Contains NetLibrary Shared Collection 1, Shared Collection 2, and Shared Collection 9 and the following ebook collections:
- eBook Academic Collection: This collection contains a large selection (nearly 150,000 titles) of multidisciplinary e-book titles representing a broad range of academic subject matter.
- eBook Community College Collection: Focused on the academic and trade information needs of community colleges, this multidisciplinary collection contains nearly 52,200 titles, including thousands of Workforce Development titles.
- eBook High School Collection: This collection contains nearly 8,500 titles that support a quality learning experience across all academic subject areas, as well as classic literary works, important historical documents and general reference materials.
- eBook K-8 Collection: This collection contains nearly 11,000 titles chosen to support K-8 students across all subject areas and its content aligns with Common Core Curriculum Standards (for participating U.S. states).
- eBook Public Library Collection: With nearly 41,000 titles chosen specifically for public libraries, this general reference collection features fiction titles for both adults and juveniles, as well as best-selling and highly-recommended titles from industry leading publishers.
ebrary eBook Collections (available to all GALILEO institutions)
ebrary College Complete: Contains nearly 40,000 titles that focuses on Business and Management, Career Development & Guidance, Two-Year College Liberal Arts Curriculum and Vocational Education.
ebrary Public Library Complete: This collection contains nearly 33,000 titles in a broad range of subjects, such as, popular interest, career development, and arts & leisure.
TumbleBooks Premium (for Public Libraries only): This collection contains over 1000 titles appropriate for grades K-6. It includes animated talking picture books, chapter books, videos, non-fiction titles, playlists, books in languages other than English such as French and Spanish, graphic novels and math stories. (available to Public Libraries only)